- Goal-Setting Task Force Final Report - The Decade Ahead (pdf, 90KB)
- Goal-Setting Task Force Brochure (pdf, 6.4MB)
Thank you for your feedback and input on the below draft goals.
The University Task Force on Goal-Setting has begun the next step of drafting objectives and metrics for these goals. Questions or comments can be sent at any time to email@example.com.
The University of Florida will be a premier university that the state, nation, and world look to for leadership.
An exceptional academic environment that reflects the breadth of thought essential for preeminence, achieved by a community of students, faculty, and staff who have diverse experiences and backgrounds.
- Objective 1. UF students, faculty and staff with increasingly diverse demographic and geographic characteristics.
- Objective 2. A university climate that is inclusive, supportive and respectful to all.
- Objective 3. Diverse, robust educational and interdisciplinary areas of excellence.
- Objective 4. Increased globalization to enhance our effectiveness as world citizens.
An outstanding and accessible education that prepares students for work, citizenship and life.
- Objective 1. A high quality, widely recognized, financially accessible undergraduate, graduate and professional education and experience.
- Objective 2. Services that are accessible and available in a timely fashion that support student health, development, and well-being, thereby improving their academic and personal growth and success.
- Objective 3. Academic programs that promote effective and accessible learning through innovation.
- Objective 4. High quality student-faculty interactions in mentored research.
Faculty recognized as preeminent by their students and peers.
- Objective 1. An increased number of faculty recognized by distinguished awards, fellowships, and memberships.
- Objective 2. An increased number of high-impact scholarly publications and creative works.
- Objective 3. An increased professional and public visibility of UF faculty.
- Objective 4. An increased faculty participation in professional service and leadership.
- Objective 5. A nurturing and invigorating academic and professional environment for all faculty across the research, teaching, and service missions of the university.
Growth in research and scholarship that enhances fundamental knowledge and improves the lives of the world’s citizens.
- Objective 1. Documented advances in productivity and recognition of UF research programs.
- Objective 2. Exceptional graduate and postdoctoral scholars who will contribute to influential research and scholarship.
- Objective 3. Increased extramural and intramural funding that enhance both basic and translational research.
- Objective 4. Processes and systems that facilitate excellence in research and scholarship.
A strengthened public engagement of the university’s programs with local, national, and international communities.
- Objective 1. Increased engagement and outreach of UF programs leading to positive impacts in such areas as health, the economy, environment and community.
- Objective 2. Improved communication leading to increased public awareness of and value placed on UF programs and their impact on society.
- Objective 3. Increased technology translation and entrepreneurial activities.
Alumni who are successful in their careers and in life and who are proud to be graduates of the University of Florida.
- Objective 1. Alumni who make significant contributions to their professions and society.
- Objective 2. Alumni who engage with and support the University’s educational, research, and service missions.
A physical infrastructure and efficient administration and support structure that enable preeminence.
- Objective 1. A campus with updated facilities, including modern research laboratories, classrooms to support state-of-the-art teaching and learning, contemporary residence halls, and high-quality technology infrastructure.
- Objective 2. An efficient and effective administration that provides superior business services to the campus community, proactively streamlines processes to minimize burden and redundancy, incentivizes excellence through budget appropriations, and attracts and retains talented staff through ongoing professional development opportunities and competitive compensation.
- Objective 3. An attractive, sustainable and safe, campus that offers a high quality of life to faculty, staff, students, alumni and the community, making UF a desirable place to visit, live, work and play.